grefos asked: Glad to see SH on iOS device. A suggestion: Since tech and planet adjustment bars are difficult to select and use (especially on an ipad mini), perhaps pop the panels open to adjust.
I think we will try to add something like that, since we have had a bunch of people say it is hard to use. Thanks for asking a question!
Here are the fixes to 1.1.1, thanks to everyone who submitted bugs and feature requests. We love getting to hear from you.
- Moved the iPad fleet movement back to next to the planet
- When dragging a fleet, you can see the fleet icon while dragging
- Fix crashing on iPod Touch, related to memory issue.
- Added in Arrows < > to the Build Ships and other sliders to make it easier to adjust
- Redid Organize Fleet Buttons to match style
- Aligned text in the Build Ships Class menu
- Increased the size of the Evacuate Button
- Double tap on a uncolonized planet to review the last battle at that location
- Made the “Name a Star” really save out, and allow people to rename stars they might have missed
We’re working on the iPhone version. There are lots of changes to shrink the interface down to work on the small screen. Be sure to follow us on Twitter.
stevemcqueenonadirtbike asked: So what are these red clouds or whatever that appear around some stars? They look like the same formation that appears after a supernova, but what does it mean if it's just there without going supernova first?
Great question. As you can see in the screenshot on Spica, it has the red dust clouds. You are correct that it happens with a supernova, but it also happens if there was a “big battle” at that planet. The big battles involve lots of ships fighting it out, and afterwards there will be a red cloud that slowly fades away.
Development Blog: For those of you out there that like to scrap all your ships and encountered a problem when trying to build new ships, I’ve added safeguards to make sure that the Build Ship dialog is still usable.