It fixes the following issues and adds some features. Thanks to everyone who has helped out by reporting issues.
- Tap and Hold to Scrap a satellite
- Fuel Status for the fleets
- Fixed pathing bug where a ship could not be directed towards a planet, even though it could reach a colony and refuel for that planet. (Thanks to TimWB)
- Fixed to work on iOS 4.3.x devices again (Thanks to Nacole)
- Better text wrapping for messages
- Double Tap on a Fleet will now bring up Organize Dialog
- Added Facebook and Twitter
- Updating iOS7 bugs
The new version for Spaceward Ho! is released on iOS. You can get the update now. It includes the following fixes:
- Finally show damage to ships in Battles
- Adjusting spacing of the planets and names on the iPad (Thanks Tim)
- Fix the crash when scrapping a fleet by touching the fleet and then scrap (Thanks Andrew Diseker)
- Fixing bad display of SparksMcGee (random characters and missing planet names) (Lots of people!)
- In Build Screen, making the “Income” be “Savings” (Thanks @reppep)
As always, please rate and review the application again. And if you have an issue please send us a tweet or email us.
Happy Birthday to Wil Wheaton! Turns out Wil is a fan of the original Spaceward Ho! We decided to add in a special star name, Sparks McGee and then also a special Sparks McGee styled hat designed by Paul Campbell. Be sure to play the game on Wil’s birthday in order to see the special hat. It is currently available in Google Play and the current iOS will have it soon.
grefos asked: Glad to see SH on iOS device. A suggestion: Since tech and planet adjustment bars are difficult to select and use (especially on an ipad mini), perhaps pop the panels open to adjust.
I think we will try to add something like that, since we have had a bunch of people say it is hard to use. Thanks for asking a question!
Here are the fixes to 1.1.1, thanks to everyone who submitted bugs and feature requests. We love getting to hear from you.
- Moved the iPad fleet movement back to next to the planet
- When dragging a fleet, you can see the fleet icon while dragging
- Fix crashing on iPod Touch, related to memory issue.
- Added in Arrows < > to the Build Ships and other sliders to make it easier to adjust
- Redid Organize Fleet Buttons to match style
- Aligned text in the Build Ships Class menu
- Increased the size of the Evacuate Button
- Double tap on a uncolonized planet to review the last battle at that location
- Made the “Name a Star” really save out, and allow people to rename stars they might have missed